Do you have a passion for early education and childcare?
The Wise Owls Family is growing and so we are looking for wonderful people to help develop the nursery into an exceptional early learning and childcare centre, focusing on child-led play and outdoor learning. This is an exciting opportunity to enhance your career.
***Qualified Early Years Practitioners*** - We are looking for experienced staff who are interested in developing their skills within the context of a child-led environment, with a focus on natural play and outdoor learning. Full and part time positions available (20-40 hours p/w). We are also looking to expand our pool of bank staff. PVG and SSSC Registration essential. Must have a relevant childcare qualification (e.g. SVQ3; HNC). Please see the Job Description (blog section) on our website for more details.
For all posts, we pride ourselves on employee care and career development, and as such we offer great benefits:
• Competitive salary
• 28 days annual holiday entitlement (pro rata)
• Staff discount for childcare at Wise Owls Nursery Moffat
• Great career progression
• Regular supervisions
• Continuous in-house and external training opportunities
• Specialist training in Speech, Language and Communication development
Purpose of post
• To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children in the nursery
• To ensure all children are safeguarded and their welfare and safety is promoted
• To give support to other team members throughout the nursery
• To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop.
• Work with and support children
• Work as part of a team
• Build and maintain strong partnerships with parents.
Nursery Manager/Team Leader
Duties and Responsibilities
• Operate a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children in your area in conjunction with other team members
• To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share this with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life
• To follow the nursery safeguarding procedure to ensure all children are kept safe, well and secure
• Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
• Liaise with and support parents and other family members
• To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parent evenings, fundraising events etc.
• To be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, included to undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
• Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the nursery’s philosophy is fulfilled
• Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the Manager
• Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensure the Duty Manager has initialled the report before the parents receive it
• Look upon the nursery, as a “whole” where can your help be most utilised? Be constantly aware of the individual needs of all children
• Ensure someone known and agreed by the nursery and parent collects the child
• To respect the confidentiality of all information received.
Specific childcare tasks
• The preparation and completion of activities to suit each individual child’s stage of development and interests
• To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key person
• To ensure that meal times are a time of pleasant social sharing
• Washing and changing children as required
• To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
• Ensuring a poorly child is kept calm and warm and management is notified immediately
• To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
• To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children regardless of any disabilities, family backgrounds or medical history
• To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times, both within and outwith work hours.
We are also looking for support staff whose roles are just as important to keep the nursery ticking over.
Firstly, we will be looking to replace Mia when she starts college in September. This role is cook and general awesome kitchen ninja. The job description is below but don't think you'll be hiding behind a closed door and not have to interact with the children. The kitchen is open plan and we involve the cook every day with the children. The children are encouraged to give feedback about the food (so a thick skin and ability to not take their comments to heart is vital - some days are easier than others!)
This would be a term-time only post. We would consider part time or job share, but core hours would be 11.30am-6.30pm (including half hour break)
Purpose of post
To organise, cook and prepare a healthy balanced diet for children from birth to 12 years.
• Provision of food
• Hygiene, health and safety
Nursery Manager/Deputy Manager
• To be the budget holder for the provision of food and associated goods for the nursery
• To be responsible for the purchase of such provisions
• To keep weekly accounts of such expenditure
• To be responsible in conjunction with the Manager for planning healthy and balanced menus
• To prepare meals according to individual dietary requirements where necessary
• To ensure meals/snacks are safely prepared, nutritionally balanced, of good quality and appropriate in quantity following government recommendations.
• Be clear about the regulation relating to allergies and provide adequate information to parents about the contents of meals provided
• To co-ordinate the serving of the mid-day meal and snacks throughout the day
• To wash up crockery, cutlery and all equipment used to prepare meals
• To be responsible for hygiene and risk assessment within the kitchen area, including all record keeping relevant to the post
• To be responsible for food safety within the nursery including all safety checks relating to food storage and preparation
• To maintain an agreed high standard of hygiene and cleanliness within the kitchen/dining area.
• To occasionally support children to make their own snacks/meals if they choose to do so.
Lastly, but probably most importantly, I am looking for someone to support me with the cleaning! This would be 3 times a week on a Tuesday, Thursday and Friday evening/weekend.
Purpose of post
To provide a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
Develop routines to ensure all areas of the nursery are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness.
Nursery Manager/Deputy Manager
• Empty and wash out bins in all rooms
• Tidy and dust playrooms / office
• Vacuum carpets and floors
• Clean nursery toilets, staff toilets and all hand basins
• Wash floors in all laundry, kitchen, bathrooms and nursery
• Wipe around all surfaces in kitchen
• Clean the inside of the windows
• Keep a check on cleaning materials and re-order via the Manager
• Lock or unlock the building securely
• Undertake any other duties as may be required from time-to-time.